Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not hiding out in Rockford
Sp Qr
2011-02-21 21:38:24 UTC
HEADLINE: Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not
hiding out in Rockford

OVERVIEW: Wisconsin's Scott Walker tells the idiot Dem State Senators
that the arena for debate is in Madison, not in some little motel in
Rockford where they're hiding.

LINK: http://www.examiner.com/american-politics-in-vancouver/scott-walker-to-democrats-the-arena-is-madison-not-hiding-out-rockford
Tom McDonald
2011-02-21 21:45:02 UTC
Post by Sp Qr
HEADLINE: Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not
hiding out in Rockford
OVERVIEW: Wisconsin's Scott Walker tells the idiot Dem State Senators
that the arena for debate is in Madison, not in some little motel in
Rockford where they're hiding.
LINK: http://www.examiner.com/american-politics-in-vancouver/scott-walker-to-democrats-the-arena-is-madison-not-hiding-out-rockford
That's disengenuous of Walker. He has the votes, and there will be no useful
debate. That's clear from everything he's said, and from what the Republican
state senators have said.

If the Democrats just rolled over, that would be cowardice. But I don't
expect you or your pals to agree.
Tom
Grendel
2011-02-21 22:01:48 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
HEADLINE: Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not
hiding out in Rockford
OVERVIEW: Wisconsin's Scott Walker tells the idiot Dem State Senators
that the arena for debate is in Madison, not in some little motel in
Rockford where they're hiding.
LINK:http://www.examiner.com/american-politics-in-vancouver/scott-walker-t...
That's disengenuous of Walker. He has the votes, and there will be no useful
debate. That's clear from everything he's said, and from what the Republican
state senators have said.
If the Democrats just rolled over, that would be cowardice. But I don't
expect you or your pals to agree.
--
Tom
"Elections have consequences."-Obama

They lost. They are in the minority. That's the risk you have in a
representative republic.

The SHOULD have faced up to it like men. Shown up at the legislature,
recorded their objections, and voted against it. THEN the could have
said "We were brave. We stood up for the people." and had the
legislation been an abject failure, they would have their record to
run on.

THAT'S

HOW

THE

SYSTEM

WORKS.

Instead, they ran and hid like scared mice. They screamed 'NO FAIR,
NO FAIR' (ignoring that the elections are fair and WHAT THE PEOPLE
WANT). And it's rather obvious that the Democrat Senators are no
afriad of the voting public so much as they are scared shitless of the
Union leadership.

The Democrats in this case have demonstrated the very definition of
'Cowardice'. They should be recalled for abandonment of duty.

Yol Bolsun,
Grendel.

"I'm not cynical, just experienced."
Bluesfan2U
2011-02-21 22:14:31 UTC
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
Actually, the Wisconsin Dems are playing by the rules. The GOPers like
those query little rules that the US Senate has that prevented the
Democrats from instilling their agenda for 2 years at the federal level
when they had a massive majority, now they squeal like little school
girls when their agenda is frustrated in Wisconsin by similar state
Senate rules. The Democrats have offered a deep concession compromise
and the GOPers refuse to bend holding out for union busting at all
costs. I think the Dems should stay away until the next election.
Grendel
2011-02-22 02:17:10 UTC
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
Please point out exactly which rules state "If you don't like what the
majority is doing, run like little pussies."
Post by Bluesfan2U
The GOPers like
those query little rules that the US Senate has that prevented the
Democrats from instilling their agenda for 2 years at the federal level
when they had a massive majority,
So, you can point out where the Federal Republicans ran from D.C. like
little the little pussies of WI?
Post by Bluesfan2U
now they squeal like little school
girls when their agenda is frustrated in Wisconsin by similar state
Senate rules.
Again, please cite the 'Run away like little pussies so we can subvert
the will of the majority" rule.

You can cite it here:____________________________

Here's a clue. To Dim 14 are BREAKING the rules...not following them.

Bluesfan2U
2011-02-22 02:37:46 UTC
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
It is the one that says that the Senate needs a super majority to be
present to make a quorum (you'll need to look this term up since you so
obviously have no clue).

You apparently don't understand the process (or much else for that
matter, idiot).
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
The GOPers like
those query little rules that the US Senate has that prevented the
Democrats from instilling their agenda for 2 years at the federal level
when they had a massive majority,
So, you can point out where the Federal Republicans ran from D.C. like
little the little pussies of WI?
Different rules. They didn't have to be absent to frustrate the majority.
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
now they squeal like little school
girls when their agenda is frustrated in Wisconsin by similar state
Senate rules.
Again, please cite the 'Run away like little pussies so we can subvert
the will of the majority" rule.
I'm not familiar with the specific rule for the Wisconsin legislature.
Needless to say (for sentient folk) the rule must call for a certain
number of members to make a quorum, OR ELSE THE REPUBLICANS WOULD HAD
THEIR WAY BY NOW AND THIS WOULD BE NEITHER A TACTIC NOR A STORY... I do
wonder about you folks from time to time...
Post by Grendel
You can cite it here:____________________________
Here's a clue. To Dim 14 are BREAKING the rules...not following them.
Yol Bolsun,
Grendel.
"I'm not cynical, just experienced."
You are an idiot, even by your own standards.

BTW, what have you got against pussy? Great stuff! IMHO! I guess you're
a dick guy. Each to his own...
Jarbidge
2011-02-22 03:04:18 UTC
You're a troll, by any standards.
Grendel
2011-02-22 18:10:31 UTC
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
Apparently you don't either.

Wisconsin Senate Rule 16: Leave of absence: Members of the senate may
not be absent from the daily session during the entire day without
first obtaining a leave of absence. The leave may be granted at any
time by a majority vote of the senate.

Did the Dim 14 obtain a leave of absence? No? Seems like the are
breaking the law. (to the point where they had to flee the STATE to be
out of reach of LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS).

The Dim 14 are not heros, but whiney little pussies.
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
The GOPers like
those query little rules that the US Senate has that prevented the
Democrats from instilling their agenda for 2 years at the federal level
when they had a massive majority,
So, you can point out where the Federal Republicans ran from D.C. like
little the little pussies of WI?
Different rules. They didn't have to be absent to frustrate the majority.
But they FOLLOWED THE LAW. The DIM 14 are BREAKING THE LAW.

See the difference?
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
now they squeal like little school
girls when their agenda is frustrated in Wisconsin by similar state
Senate rules.
Again, please cite the 'Run away like little pussies so we can subvert
the will of the majority" rule.
I'm not familiar with the specific rule for the Wisconsin legislature.
Nor familiar with much, are you. The rules SPECIFICALLY say that
Wisonsin Senators must attend a scheduled meeting of the Senate.
There are only two (2) rules that allow a Senator to be absent.

Rule 16: Leave of Absence (they did not obtain a leave of absence)
Rule 23: Committee not to be absent. Members of a committee, except a
conference committee, may not be absent by reason of their appointment
during the sitting of the senate, without special leave. (seeing as
they are not part of a Conference Committee, this rule does not apply
to the Dim 14)

So, again, the Dim 14 are BREAKING the RULES and the LAW.
Post by Bluesfan2U
Needless to say (for sentient folk) the rule must call for a certain
number of members to make a quorum, >
The Rules also state that Senators MUST ATTEND!!
Post by Bluesfan2U
OR ELSE THE REPUBLICANS WOULD HAD
THEIR WAY BY NOW
"Elections have consequences."-Obama

But you would like that to mean ""Elections have consequences. Unless
I'm on the wrong side of the election."

If the Dim 14 wanted to be heros, they would do the bidding of the
majority of their state, do what legally they should be doing
(attending to Senate business) and QUIT doing the bidding of the Labor
Union Leadership.

Bluesfan2U
2011-02-23 16:04:35 UTC
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
But I do understand the process, and the particulars.
Post by Grendel
Wisconsin Senate Rule 16: Leave of absence: Members of the senate may
not be absent from the daily session during the entire day without
first obtaining a leave of absence. The leave may be granted at any
time by a majority vote of the senate.
Did the Dim 14 obtain a leave of absence? No? Seems like the are
breaking the law.
Law???
Post by Grendel
(to the point where they had to flee the STATE to be
out of reach of LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS).
Really?
Post by Grendel
The Dim 14 are not heros, but whiney little pussies.
Apparently you disrespect women.
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
The GOPers like
those query little rules that the US Senate has that prevented the
Democrats from instilling their agenda for 2 years at the federal level
when they had a massive majority,
So, you can point out where the Federal Republicans ran from D.C. like
little the little pussies of WI?
Different rules. They didn't have to be absent to frustrate the majority.
But they FOLLOWED THE LAW. The DIM 14 are BREAKING THE LAW.
Law???
Post by Grendel
See the difference?
The Democrats are not breaking a law. They are bending a RULE. Can you
tell the difference?

There is question as to whether they are even bending a rule too. Rules,
as I'm sure you do not know, have to be enforceable to have validity.
Rule 16 does call for members to attend unless excused by the majority
however the only sanction that is available to enforce the rule requires
a vote by 2/3rds of the membership Wisconsin Constitution Article IV,
Section 8). That sanction is expulsion. I'm sure that you don't realize
that there could be no expulsion with almost half of the Senate's
membership voting not to expel themselves.

If anybody was breaking a law it was Senate President Ellis and Governor
Walker by sending uniformed state troopers out of state to attempt to
arrest / intimidate Minority Leader Miller. The Wisconsin State
Constitution expressly provides immunity to members of the legislature
from arrest (except for violent crime) while the legislature is in
session (Article IV, Sec. 15). I think that was a thuggish move worthy
of Storm Troopers.
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
now they squeal like little school
girls when their agenda is frustrated in Wisconsin by similar state
Senate rules.
Again, please cite the 'Run away like little pussies so we can subvert
the will of the majority" rule.
I'm not familiar with the specific rule for the Wisconsin legislature.
Nor familiar with much, are you.
But I am.
Post by Grendel
The rules SPECIFICALLY say that
Wisonsin Senators must attend a scheduled meeting of the Senate.
There are only two (2) rules that allow a Senator to be absent.
Rule 16: Leave of Absence (they did not obtain a leave of absence)
Rule 23: Committee not to be absent. Members of a committee, except a
conference committee, may not be absent by reason of their appointment
during the sitting of the senate, without special leave. (seeing as
they are not part of a Conference Committee, this rule does not apply
to the Dim 14)
So, again, the Dim 14 are BREAKING the RULES and the LAW.
Which law? Give us the statute number...

They are bending a rule. A rule that states no determining authority,
nor sanction. Lets see the majority try to enforce it.
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
Needless to say (for sentient folk) the rule must call for a certain
number of members to make a quorum, >
The Rules also state that Senators MUST ATTEND!!
As it turns out, it is the constitution, not a Senate rule, that demands
the attendance of 3/5this of the members to constitute a quorum for the
type of bill that is under consideration (Article 8, Section 8).

So let's see the Senate try to enforce its unenforceable rule.

The point is that unenforceable rules are not rules at all.
Post by Grendel
Post by Bluesfan2U
OR ELSE THE REPUBLICANS WOULD HAD
THEIR WAY BY NOW
"Elections have consequences."-Obama
But you would like that to mean ""Elections have consequences. Unless
I'm on the wrong side of the election."
I'm game. Let's have the Democrats stay away for 2 years until the next
election and then see what happens.

That, of course, could happen but most likely will not. The Democrats
have offered the Governor and the majority everything that they have
asked for except for the elimination of the union busting rights to
collective bargaining. The Governor has nothing to stand on, and his
true motivations is now clear. He is out to subvert working men and
women in his state by robbing them of parity with their employers.
Post by Grendel
If the Dim 14 wanted to be heros, they would do the bidding of the
majority of their state, do what legally
Legally? You have trouble keeping things straight, I see. Legally they
are free to be absent.
Post by Grendel
they should be doing
(attending to Senate business) and QUIT doing the bidding of the Labor
Union Leadership.
They are heroes already.
my name ain't Earl
2011-02-22 17:06:07 UTC
Post by Bluesfan2U
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
They should stay away forever and let Wisconsin move forward by the will
of the majority. See what happens at bargaining time.
Tom McDonald
2011-02-21 22:26:48 UTC
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
They may have to face recall. So may Walker, when he's been in office a full
year. Why do you think he came right out of the gate with all of the
over-reaching in the 'Budget Repair Bill'? He's betting that we'll forget in
a year. I'm betting we won't.

The longer the Wisconsin 14 stand up to Walker, the more likely folks are to
remember what needs to be done next year.
Tom
Pepe Le Jew
Replace the 14?
Tom McDonald
2011-02-22 00:20:36 UTC
Post by Pepe Le Jew
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Grendel
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
Easier and more correct to replace just the one.
Tom
my name ain't Earl
Teachers get paid too much for what they do. Just like Obama.
Jarbidge
He makes the same salary Bush did.
Phlip
2011-02-22 17:57:01 UTC
C-;
Jarbidge
2011-02-22 17:58:55 UTC
Well...he does.
my name ain't Earl
But he doesn't do it well.
Jarbidge
So far, agreed, not even close.
my name ain't Earl
But he is lazy and grossly incompetent, besides being a foreign national.
bpuharic
2011-02-24 10:58:09 UTC
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:40:59 -0700, my name ain't Earl
racist
Jarbidge
2011-02-24 15:28:26 UTC
Post by my name ain't Earl
Post by Jarbidge
Post by my name ain't Earl
Teachers get paid too much for what they do. Just like Obama.
He makes the same salary Bush did.
But he is lazy and grossly incompetent, besides being a foreign national.
racist
Date Total Public Debt Outstanding
12/31/2008 10,699,804,864,612.10
1/2/2009 10,627,961,295,930.60
1/5/2009 10,635,512,060,907.10
1/6/2009 10,638,425,746,293.80
1/7/2009 10,635,772,096,222.70
1/8/2009 10,608,325,323,172.50
1/9/2009 10,609,758,567,607.10
1/12/2009 10,609,790,681,008.40
1/13/2009 10,613,904,888,048.10
1/14/2009 10,605,968,804,933.40
1/15/2009 10,627,708,753,691.40
1/16/2009 10,628,881,485,510.20
1/20/2009 10,626,877,048,913.00
1/21/2009 10,625,053,544,309.70
1/22/2009 10,618,718,703,374.70
1/23/2009 10,620,397,126,433.50
1/26/2009 10,620,857,710,762.30
1/27/2009 10,626,078,634,370.50
1/28/2009 10,617,861,263,183.30
1/29/2009 10,626,297,420,130.80
1/30/2009 10,632,005,246,736.90
2/2/2009 10,667,963,268,393.20
2/3/2009 10,668,643,381,356.90
2/4/2009 10,669,192,308,562.40
2/5/2009 10,717,998,123,287.70
2/6/2009 10,717,280,371,345.80
2/9/2009 10,717,726,200,848.10
2/10/2009 10,721,365,792,566.20
2/11/2009 10,713,124,215,572.20
2/12/2009 10,759,196,587,563.40
2/13/2009 10,759,016,081,652.90
2/17/2009 10,789,783,760,341.40
2/18/2009 10,789,925,775,196.70
2/19/2009 10,802,021,982,124.70
2/20/2009 10,838,758,414,164.40
2/23/2009 10,839,526,591,486.90
2/24/2009 10,843,355,058,860.90
2/25/2009 10,837,499,231,127.10
2/26/2009 10,881,159,722,022.30
2/27/2009 10,877,144,501,237.50
3/2/2009 10,942,165,294,650.80
3/3/2009 10,943,838,929,434.90
3/4/2009 10,944,337,682,981.40
3/5/2009 10,953,034,411,520.10
3/6/2009 10,951,578,308,859.00
3/9/2009 10,952,663,030,603.40
3/10/2009 10,958,408,586,222.40
3/11/2009 10,951,099,637,335.60
3/12/2009 10,983,549,928,728.70
3/13/2009 10,983,750,182,347.20
3/16/2009 11,033,157,578,669.70
3/17/2009 11,042,553,971,450.40
3/18/2009 11,034,225,094,391.00
3/19/2009 11,039,686,130,898.10
3/20/2009 11,040,807,027,558.10
3/23/2009 11,041,711,544,305.30
3/24/2009 11,046,928,257,010.20
3/25/2009 11,037,916,881,157.80
3/26/2009 11,046,247,657,049.40
3/27/2009 11,045,554,110,788.90
3/30/2009 11,043,588,980,678.90
3/31/2009 11,126,941,485,713.30
4/1/2009 11,110,654,357,209.30
4/2/2009 11,124,519,301,253.20
4/3/2009 11,146,566,832,297.30
4/6/2009 11,149,346,771,082.80
4/7/2009 11,152,772,833,835.80
4/8/2009 11,145,352,700,191.50
4/9/2009 11,169,466,380,008.30
4/10/2009 11,169,725,647,724.50
4/13/2009 11,169,978,555,115.40
4/14/2009 11,172,298,738,031.40
4/15/2009 11,218,863,034,278.70
4/16/2009 11,183,899,252,728.00
4/17/2009 11,185,715,978,983.30
4/20/2009 11,189,382,518,232.70
4/21/2009 11,193,459,542,379.90
4/22/2009 11,191,057,364,056.80
4/23/2009 11,184,922,662,862.80
4/24/2009 11,185,300,192,981.20
4/27/2009 11,189,456,636,736.20
4/28/2009 11,194,339,423,305.90
4/29/2009 11,152,922,414,388.20
4/30/2009 11,238,592,141,958.60
5/1/2009 11,208,076,192,300.50
5/4/2009 11,219,969,983,013.60
5/5/2009 11,227,464,371,841.40
5/6/2009 11,226,807,485,330.00
5/7/2009 11,256,266,640,050.20
5/8/2009 11,258,693,795,457.10
5/11/2009 11,260,454,652,131.20
5/12/2009 11,263,799,743,425.90
5/13/2009 11,255,959,564,418.40
5/14/2009 11,270,547,397,564.60
5/15/2009 11,284,110,407,424.50
5/18/2009 11,286,593,315,851.00
5/19/2009 11,293,355,611,258.50
5/20/2009 11,285,462,042,449.60
5/21/2009 11,305,673,498,034.10
5/22/2009 11,301,675,926,828.90
5/26/2009 11,305,594,490,199.60
5/27/2009 11,301,114,877,848.30
5/28/2009 11,311,681,705,086.10
5/29/2009 11,321,599,905,356.40
6/1/2009 11,379,966,189,575.00
6/2/2009 11,382,737,715,925.20
6/3/2009 11,374,265,930,605.70
6/4/2009 11,388,997,387,553.00
6/5/2009 11,387,943,461,664.80
6/8/2009 11,390,254,109,727.10
6/9/2009 11,391,459,255,428.90
6/10/2009 11,383,987,605,139.00
6/11/2009 11,375,626,420,309.60
6/12/2009 11,374,952,729,568.30
6/15/2009 11,400,723,732,452.20
6/16/2009 11,406,012,959,882.50
6/17/2009 11,402,770,228,073.90
6/18/2009 11,399,258,796,766.10
6/19/2009 11,397,711,606,020.00
6/22/2009 11,400,656,567,952.60
6/23/2009 11,407,973,761,151.00
6/24/2009 11,365,652,939,856.30
6/25/2009 11,363,514,364,365.20
6/26/2009 11,362,480,417,393.30
6/29/2009 11,358,401,131,131.40
6/30/2009 11,545,275,346,431.30
7/1/2009 11,518,472,742,288.00
7/2/2009 11,489,560,999,310.70
7/3/2009 11,490,988,069,885.80
7/6/2009 11,520,570,236,023.30
7/7/2009 11,523,843,053,689.90
7/8/2009 11,515,064,224,509.80
7/9/2009 11,526,304,058,825.50
7/10/2009 11,524,606,290,165.00
7/13/2009 11,525,392,902,001.60
7/14/2009 11,528,990,866,940.70
7/15/2009 11,579,428,713,952.50
7/16/2009 11,598,417,943,168.10
7/17/2009 11,600,488,226,683.20
7/20/2009 11,601,270,694,948.60
7/21/2009 11,604,364,019,085.60
7/22/2009 11,595,495,788,840.00
7/23/2009 11,605,521,079,842.10
7/24/2009 11,606,528,598,129.70
7/27/2009 11,607,787,344,879.70
7/28/2009 11,612,707,445,497.10
7/29/2009 11,611,217,335,101.00
7/30/2009 11,581,201,791,282.10
7/31/2009 11,669,251,349,504.60
8/3/2009 11,648,548,144,569.70
8/4/2009 11,659,644,290,011.80
8/5/2009 11,659,077,874,250.30
8/6/2009 11,660,142,454,203.90
8/7/2009 11,658,212,708,636.40
8/10/2009 11,661,947,544,315.80
8/11/2009 11,666,485,985,007.80
8/12/2009 11,658,192,962,449.80
8/13/2009 11,662,830,881,880.00
8/14/2009 11,669,783,083,275.80
8/17/2009 11,682,544,443,828.70
8/18/2009 11,726,594,754,347.90
8/19/2009 11,718,232,402,326.00
8/20/2009 11,720,828,555,380.10
8/21/2009 11,719,258,192,538.90
8/24/2009 11,719,060,925,865.80
8/25/2009 11,730,400,622,450.30
8/26/2009 11,716,563,436,531.30
8/27/2009 11,725,477,836,090.80
8/28/2009 11,718,758,941,630.90
8/31/2009 11,812,870,150,873.50
9/1/2009 11,792,918,170,836.40
9/2/2009 11,797,543,701,288.30
9/3/2009 11,787,062,206,713.50
9/4/2009 11,785,028,226,957.00
9/8/2009 11,787,419,577,736.60
9/9/2009 11,784,424,784,049.60
9/10/2009 11,795,045,980,436.60
9/11/2009 11,794,695,304,981.70
9/14/2009 11,792,615,473,271.70
9/15/2009 11,834,190,645,301.00
9/16/2009 11,827,966,342,208.40
9/17/2009 11,809,239,038,438.40
9/18/2009 11,807,667,118,297.60
9/21/2009 11,811,086,447,487.90
9/22/2009 11,819,629,178,802.20
9/23/2009 11,813,723,781,466.40
9/24/2009 11,770,679,815,806.10
9/25/2009 11,770,698,157,074.20
9/28/2009 11,771,450,693,745.00
9/29/2009 11,776,112,848,656.10
9/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.70
10/1/2009 11,920,519,164,319.40
10/2/2009 11,917,948,701,570.00
10/5/2009 11,919,879,121,739.50
10/6/2009 11,927,435,900,948.90
10/7/2009 11,925,719,527,944.60
10/8/2009 11,898,952,750,944.50
10/9/2009 11,895,799,292,208.40
10/13/2009 11,907,608,545,823.20
10/14/2009 11,903,588,660,952.00
10/15/2009 11,946,703,132,807.30
10/16/2009 11,948,722,543,849.90
10/19/2009 11,952,611,405,769.00
10/20/2009 11,956,584,748,608.50
10/21/2009 11,948,456,481,573.90
10/22/2009 11,896,808,244,570.20
10/23/2009 11,895,889,017,776.10
10/26/2009 11,897,586,393,656.60
10/27/2009 11,901,429,311,747.90
10/28/2009 11,893,668,881,089.00
10/29/2009 11,868,457,477,911.90
10/30/2009 11,893,091,028,361.00
11/2/2009 11,974,737,715,216.10
11/3/2009 11,978,591,612,480.90
11/4/2009 11,978,953,722,825.90
11/5/2009 11,990,561,444,829.40
11/6/2009 11,988,878,801,691.10
11/9/2009 11,990,022,541,364.70
11/10/2009 11,986,954,033,520.50
11/12/2009 11,991,219,535,897.80
11/13/2009 11,991,506,876,413.00
11/16/2009 12,031,299,186,290.00
11/17/2009 12,039,319,107,488.80
11/18/2009 12,030,202,701,513.90
11/19/2009 12,011,787,382,266.60
11/20/2009 12,010,561,742,215.20
11/23/2009 12,011,838,881,463.60
11/24/2009 12,016,320,934,466.70
11/25/2009 12,009,454,244,833.70
11/27/2009 12,008,650,382,616.40
11/30/2009 12,113,047,538,115.40
12/1/2009 12,089,226,465,642.50
12/2/2009 12,090,825,003,370.20
12/3/2009 12,087,361,675,014.70
12/4/2009 12,087,444,121,549.00
12/7/2009 12,086,172,114,368.20
12/8/2009 12,091,292,877,094.80
12/9/2009 12,079,739,352,131.10
12/10/2009 12,092,672,900,402.30
12/11/2009 12,081,709,382,532.30
12/14/2009 12,071,280,871,918.40
12/15/2009 12,134,970,556,795.00
12/16/2009 12,129,073,186,050.20
12/17/2009 12,097,698,782,543.90
12/18/2009 12,097,983,161,366.60
12/21/2009 12,099,243,026,724.50
12/22/2009 12,095,072,597,209.10
12/23/2009 12,102,603,428,507.70
12/24/2009 12,101,272,618,959.00
12/28/2009 12,104,441,214,373.60
12/29/2009 12,100,218,479,276.10
12/30/2009 12,144,893,016,570.40
12/31/2009 12,311,349,677,512.00
1/4/2010 12,290,238,158,257.10
1/5/2010 12,303,300,925,702.10
1/6/2010 12,302,080,159,963.00
1/7/2010 12,280,845,281,517.50
1/8/2010 12,280,604,597,845.50
1/11/2010 12,285,484,345,787.30
1/12/2010 12,291,168,534,193.70
1/13/2010 12,282,274,011,672.10
1/14/2010 12,258,545,028,915.20
1/15/2010 12,319,326,469,724.40
1/19/2010 12,322,107,592,352.90
1/20/2010 12,327,380,804,696.80
1/21/2010 12,300,163,248,044.60
1/22/2010 12,302,465,487,917.30
1/25/2010 12,303,736,486,568.40
1/26/2010 12,308,886,504,801.90
1/27/2010 12,301,772,321,038.00
1/28/2010 12,274,431,428,037.20
1/29/2010 12,278,635,997,966.80
2/1/2010 12,349,463,585,067.40
2/2/2010 12,360,943,989,345.40
2/3/2010 12,354,041,054,846.90
2/4/2010 12,346,427,470,024.00
2/5/2010 12,345,510,656,150.00
2/8/2010 12,347,902,954,531.70
2/9/2010 12,349,467,132,738.40
2/10/2010 12,340,570,199,406.30
2/11/2010 12,349,324,464,284.20
2/12/2010 12,351,624,191,901.00
2/16/2010 12,384,358,013,736.30
2/17/2010 12,386,495,535,882.20
2/18/2010 12,401,448,666,808.30
2/19/2010 12,402,054,835,588.60
2/22/2010 12,403,027,179,655.20
2/23/2010 12,409,374,679,862.00
2/24/2010 12,401,781,166,870.00
2/25/2010 12,433,661,592,275.40
2/26/2010 12,440,068,020,714.40
3/1/2010 12,507,536,462,861.00
3/2/2010 12,519,423,725,485.30
3/3/2010 12,508,944,297,560.50
3/4/2010 12,545,490,013,032.20
3/5/2010 12,544,703,929,352.50
3/8/2010 12,546,372,001,879.70
3/9/2010 12,552,703,515,296.80
3/10/2010 12,544,389,439,808.40
3/11/2010 12,575,479,490,348.40
3/12/2010 12,575,678,862,901.60
3/15/2010 12,636,662,956,140.00
3/16/2010 12,643,701,402,529.50
3/17/2010 12,639,779,478,641.80
3/18/2010 12,661,296,056,307.20
3/19/2010 12,661,039,727,506.60
3/22/2010 12,663,372,436,835.10
3/23/2010 12,670,895,780,689.20
3/24/2010 12,662,466,657,519.80
3/25/2010 12,687,570,153,023.90
3/26/2010 12,685,893,723,805.70
3/29/2010 12,686,249,797,715.00
3/30/2010 12,684,570,896,780.80
3/31/2010 12,773,123,096,139.40
4/1/2010 12,764,878,911,618.10
4/2/2010 12,762,747,199,516.70
4/5/2010 12,786,559,060,352.50
4/6/2010 12,792,967,119,405.50
4/7/2010 12,791,874,548,454.10
4/8/2010 12,826,031,306,447.90
4/9/2010 12,825,687,391,205.70
4/12/2010 12,826,379,456,286.80
4/13/2010 12,831,193,383,690.60
4/14/2010 12,823,492,436,215.10
4/15/2010 12,874,618,766,079.20
4/16/2010 12,877,714,305,798.80
4/19/2010 12,863,049,415,216.30
4/20/2010 12,871,255,665,556.80
4/21/2010 12,865,514,120,486.80
4/22/2010 12,872,601,270,864.40
4/23/2010 12,877,195,922,374.90
4/26/2010 12,880,364,008,405.90
4/27/2010 12,886,315,749,582.90
4/28/2010 12,876,734,073,745.70
4/29/2010 12,853,100,126,888.40
4/30/2010 12,948,738,915,856.80
5/3/2010 12,927,020,546,327.10
5/4/2010 12,940,953,934,792.90
5/5/2010 12,943,495,066,136.10
5/6/2010 12,932,913,325,200.60
5/7/2010 12,928,941,224,629.50
5/10/2010 12,926,785,477,772.90
5/11/2010 12,931,157,737,293.40
5/12/2010 12,923,161,977,864.20
5/13/2010 12,927,411,267,929.20
5/14/2010 12,926,689,780,236.60
5/17/2010 12,974,895,930,216.50
5/18/2010 12,984,666,665,110.50
5/19/2010 12,975,292,327,567.90
5/20/2010 12,987,822,672,429.00
5/21/2010 12,987,796,841,336.50
5/24/2010 12,989,095,409,531.00
5/25/2010 12,995,779,490,444.50
5/26/2010 12,987,274,122,710.70
5/27/2010 12,987,916,782,708.50
5/28/2010 12,992,539,130,957.20
6/1/2010 13,050,826,460,886.90
6/2/2010 13,058,289,851,171.50
6/3/2010 13,056,249,966,400.10
6/4/2010 13,050,588,009,652.60
6/7/2010 13,052,204,878,286.70
6/8/2010 13,056,957,049,453.40
6/9/2010 13,046,148,615,770.70
6/10/2010 13,041,405,343,973.40
6/11/2010 13,041,208,520,697.10
6/14/2010 13,043,148,269,336.40
6/15/2010 13,078,420,280,010.60
6/16/2010 13,073,000,699,429.70
6/17/2010 13,038,877,263,966.70
6/18/2010 13,038,455,716,111.80
6/21/2010 13,040,053,515,762.10
6/22/2010 13,046,652,647,591.80
6/23/2010 13,041,849,923,645.90
6/24/2010 13,038,079,983,718.30
6/25/2010 13,038,305,786,811.20
6/28/2010 13,038,916,836,943.40
6/29/2010 13,037,542,715,703.80
6/30/2010 13,203,473,753,968.10
7/1/2010 13,178,317,356,215.70
7/2/2010 13,175,330,731,664.70
7/6/2010 13,177,644,774,581.60
7/7/2010 13,181,991,714,131.10
7/8/2010 13,192,234,850,314.20
7/9/2010 13,193,854,880,648.00
7/12/2010 13,194,523,014,378.20
7/13/2010 13,199,290,856,204.30
7/14/2010 13,189,505,566,215.80
7/15/2010 13,240,228,521,494.80
7/16/2010 13,239,903,754,450.70
7/19/2010 13,242,893,842,328.70
7/20/2010 13,245,998,461,216.30
7/21/2010 13,237,494,446,894.50
7/22/2010 13,249,153,625,870.30
7/23/2010 13,248,524,997,009.90
7/26/2010 13,252,030,092,034.00
7/27/2010 13,258,280,104,675.60
7/28/2010 13,247,793,649,102.80
7/29/2010 13,246,508,860,572.00
7/30/2010 13,237,726,976,890.00
8/2/2010 13,296,826,659,389.50
8/3/2010 13,301,637,817,150.90
8/4/2010 13,302,301,677,300.10
8/5/2010 13,310,887,351,665.80
8/6/2010 13,310,114,269,532.30
8/9/2010 13,311,250,227,462.80
8/10/2010 13,319,830,936,991.00
8/11/2010 13,307,871,897,992.90
8/12/2010 13,317,048,837,517.10
8/13/2010 13,315,417,951,875.00
8/16/2010 13,356,994,188,341.40
8/17/2010 13,364,739,861,340.50
8/18/2010 13,353,801,011,553.90
8/19/2010 13,363,227,573,941.60
8/20/2010 13,361,739,911,386.50
8/23/2010 13,363,278,285,831.30
8/24/2010 13,371,301,700,295.20
8/25/2010 13,361,354,442,247.90
8/26/2010 13,376,189,739,693.60
8/27/2010 13,375,222,710,985.00
8/30/2010 13,369,841,967,694.30
8/31/2010 13,449,652,537,035.00
9/1/2010 13,426,803,373,412.00
9/2/2010 13,442,057,367,029.20
9/3/2010 13,435,343,171,187.80
9/7/2010 13,438,770,879,030.70
9/8/2010 13,435,355,520,330.40
9/9/2010 13,444,496,046,138.40
9/10/2010 13,441,762,397,157.20
9/13/2010 13,443,442,988,893.40
9/14/2010 13,440,225,498,627.40
9/15/2010 13,498,026,949,136.50
9/16/2010 13,464,896,653,374.10
9/17/2010 13,467,745,270,382.70
9/20/2010 13,469,342,458,134.10
9/21/2010 13,476,661,616,652.10
9/22/2010 13,471,094,170,316.20
9/23/2010 13,463,477,025,087.50
9/24/2010 13,466,818,283,723.40
9/27/2010 13,468,173,874,830.00
9/28/2010 13,472,761,083,757.80
9/29/2010 13,466,272,411,365.60
9/30/2010 13,561,623,030,891.70
10/1/2010 13,610,847,585,810.00
10/4/2010 13,617,255,556,356.00
10/5/2010 13,624,352,674,172.70
10/6/2010 13,624,678,196,435.00
10/7/2010 13,615,674,949,267.90
10/8/2010 13,614,052,490,714.70
10/12/2010 13,612,664,732,574.90
10/13/2010 13,612,299,748,993.30
10/14/2010 13,606,947,094,101.90
10/15/2010 13,665,926,643,255.90
10/18/2010 13,668,894,473,093.40
10/19/2010 13,676,109,536,322.00
10/20/2010 13,667,947,376,827.80
10/21/2010 13,667,983,325,978.30
10/22/2010 13,667,624,992,210.90
10/25/2010 13,669,359,903,495.60
10/26/2010 13,673,749,566,734.10
10/27/2010 13,663,891,267,223.30
10/28/2010 13,658,812,457,389.50
10/29/2010 13,668,825,497,341.30
11/1/2010 13,713,087,906,377.30
11/2/2010 13,723,974,060,859.20
11/3/2010 13,718,711,829,904.30
11/4/2010 13,723,439,668,440.10
11/5/2010 13,723,330,060,510.50
11/8/2010 13,725,166,759,183.40
11/9/2010 13,727,147,399,038.50
11/10/2010 13,719,547,683,746.40
11/12/2010 13,721,979,465,685.30
11/15/2010 13,789,013,561,493.70
11/16/2010 13,795,134,710,938.40
11/17/2010 13,789,278,919,702.60
11/18/2010 13,788,455,142,118.00
11/19/2010 13,789,699,194,529.30
11/22/2010 13,794,645,743,594.50
11/23/2010 13,797,004,450,927.60
11/24/2010 13,788,289,275,079.90
11/26/2010 13,794,243,004,364.80
11/29/2010 13,790,302,153,225.80
11/30/2010 13,860,773,759,018.40
12/1/2010 13,834,918,581,977.00
12/2/2010 13,840,966,239,053.10
12/3/2010 13,833,511,738,992.20
12/6/2010 13,834,824,737,060.60
12/7/2010 13,838,490,314,497.60
12/8/2010 13,847,884,133,109.60
12/9/2010 13,846,494,847,569.80
12/10/2010 13,846,685,751,077.10
12/13/2010 13,848,017,156,749.00
12/14/2010 13,852,589,330,911.80
12/15/2010 13,879,785,054,580.10
12/16/2010 13,878,837,351,150.60
12/17/2010 13,883,400,070,159.80
12/20/2010 13,868,461,288,845.80
12/21/2010 13,867,477,082,973.70
12/22/2010 13,858,529,371,601.00
12/23/2010 13,865,176,563,186.30
12/24/2010 13,866,145,290,604.60
12/27/2010 13,874,000,269,245.60
12/28/2010 13,877,230,355,933.00
12/29/2010 13,870,949,681,979.40
12/30/2010 13,871,130,353,817.40
12/31/2010 14,025,215,218,708.50
my name ain't Earl
2011-02-24 17:14:42 UTC
Post by my name ain't Earl
Post by Jarbidge
Post by my name ain't Earl
Teachers get paid too much for what they do. Just like Obama.
He makes the same salary Bush did.
But he is lazy and grossly incompetent, besides being a foreign national.
racist
You are lazy and grossly incompetent, besides being an asshole. Is that
racist?
Jarbidge
2011-02-24 15:30:05 UTC
Post by my name ain't Earl
Post by Sp Qr
Post by my name ain't Earl
Post by my name ain't Earl
Post by Tom McDonald
That's disengenuous of Walker. He has the votes, and there will be no
useful debate. That's clear from everything he's said, and from what
the Republican state senators have said.
If the Democrats just rolled over, that would be cowardice. But I
don't expect you or your pals to agree.
Teachers get paid too much for what they do. Just like Obama.
He makes the same salary Bush did.
But he is lazy and grossly incompetent, besides being a foreign national.
Partial credit, I don't see him as lazy, his competence is low thus far,
and until he relents we'll never know about the foreign national claim.
Gray Ghost
2011-02-21 22:05:55 UTC
Post by Sp Qr
HEADLINE: Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not
hiding out in Rockford
OVERVIEW: Wisconsin's Scott Walker tells the idiot Dem State Senators
that the arena for debate is in Madison, not in some little motel in
Rockford where they're hiding.
http://www.examiner.com/american-politics-in-vancouver/scott-walker-to-de
mocrats-the-arena-is-madison-not-hiding-out-rockford
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE!

THE POEPLE ELECTED REPUBLICANS TO FIX THE PROBLEM. OBEY THE WILL OF THE
PEOPLE.

Or does it only matter if the will of the people happens to coincide with
DemoRat talking points?
--
Herman Cain for President!

http://hermancain.com/

If you don't support him you are a Racist!!
Spartakus
2011-02-21 23:37:35 UTC
Post by Sp Qr
HEADLINE: Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not
hiding out in Rockford
OVERVIEW: Wisconsin's Scott Walker tells the idiot Dem State Senators
that the arena for debate is in Madison, not in some little motel in
Rockford where they're hiding.
Walker is blowing smoke out his ass. He has made it clear that there
will be no debate and no negotiation. That's not how a democratically
elected legislature is meant to do business. Every member of the
legislature should have the opportunity to read the bills presented,
debate them, offer amendments and negotiate. The Republicans denied
the Democrats that opportunity. In fact, many of the Democrats in the
State Senate did not even learn of the bill's existence until a few
minutes before the leader of the senate called for a vote.

At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation. If the Republicans take out the language that
strips collective bargaining rights from public sector unions, the
Democrats will return. As long as the Republicans continue to insist
that there will be no negotiations, the Democrats have no choice but
to stay away. What they are doing is much more than "hiding in
Rockford". They are playing a powerful card in order to defend the
rights of Wisconsin's teachers and municipal workers.
Phlip
2011-02-22 03:11:32 UTC
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.
And it's more constitutional than, say, an anonymous Senate filibuster
of 1.
Pepe Le Jew
2011-02-22 04:13:42 UTC
In article
Post by Phlip
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.
And it's more constitutional than, say, an anonymous Senate filibuster
of 1.
A nuance that is lost on the general public watching the spectacle of
government workers rebelling while on the payroll, that's going over
really, really well.

Unfortunately, the unionized educators have decided to re-open the
schools tomorrow, bringing to a premature end a certain bizarre
spectacle - but they're probably busing in plenty of union muscle and a
bunch of Chicago homeless to keep the pressure up. You want democracy?
The Union will show you some Democracy, pal.

I wonder what the teachers will be discussing in class tomorrow? Fair
and Balanced of course, but the kids will be wondering more about
make-up days they'll have to endure because the Collective Ms. Pickens,
who pulls down some decent scratch by anyone's standards, closed down
the schools to have a hissy-fit.
Tankfixer
2011-02-22 04:54:38 UTC
Post by Tankfixer
In article
Post by Phlip
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.
And it's more constitutional than, say, an anonymous Senate filibuster
of 1.
A nuance that is lost on the general public watching the spectacle of
government workers rebelling while on the payroll, that's going over
really, really well.
It was a spectacle...
Post by Tankfixer
Unfortunately, the unionized educators have decided to re-open the
schools tomorrow, bringing to a premature end a certain bizarre
spectacle - but they're probably busing in plenty of union muscle and a
bunch of Chicago homeless to keep the pressure up. You want democracy?
The Union will show you some Democracy, pal.
I'd make it easy for em to protest.
I'd fire any public employee that didn't show up for their scheduled
work shift.
Phlip
2011-02-22 05:34:47 UTC
Post by Tankfixer
I'd fire any public employee that didn't show up for their scheduled
work shift.
So much for defending the little guy from the depredations of big
gov't, huh?
Jarbidge
About how much playing hookie you figure 'WE the people' need to pay for?
Tankfixer
Your employer lets you just not show up for work any time you chose ?
Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 07:06:41 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Tankfixer
I'd fire any public employee that didn't show up for their scheduled
work shift.
So much for defending the little guy from the depredations of big
gov't, huh?
How about protecting the citizens from a bunch of people who won't show up
for work?

Ya know if we can go a couple of weeks without 'em maybe we don't really
ne4ed 'em at all.

Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 04:20:42 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.
And it's more constitutional than, say, an anonymous Senate filibuster
of 1.
Ithink by definition it can't be anonymous.

You really aren't that bright are you?

Spartakus
2011-02-22 18:10:05 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.
And it's more constitutional than, say, an anonymous Senate filibuster
of 1.
I think by definition it can't be anonymous.
You think wrong. One Senator can put an anonymous hold on most any
business before the Senate.
You really aren't that bright are you?
ROTFL!
Pepe Le Jew
2011-02-23 02:25:02 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Phlip
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.
And it's more constitutional than, say, an anonymous Senate filibuster
of 1.
Ithink by definition it can't be anonymous.
You really aren't that bright are you?
Perhaps this is his Senator:

http://tinyurl.com/652nwww

An Elder Statesman:

http://tinyurl.com/4f98ehy
Tankfixer
2011-02-22 03:38:04 UTC
In article <6ac664fd-dd76-4ada-b340-cc1c64617914
@o30g2000pra.googlegroups.com>, - Spartakus ***@my-deja.com
spouted !
Post by Spartakus
Post by Sp Qr
HEADLINE: Scott Walker to Democrats: The arena is in Madison, not
hiding out in Rockford
OVERVIEW: Wisconsin's Scott Walker tells the idiot Dem State Senators
that the arena for debate is in Madison, not in some little motel in
Rockford where they're hiding.
Walker is blowing smoke out his ass. He has made it clear that there
will be no debate and no negotiation. That's not how a democratically
elected legislature is meant to do business. Every member of the
legislature should have the opportunity to read the bills presented,
debate them, offer amendments and negotiate. The Republicans denied
the Democrats that opportunity. In fact, many of the Democrats in the
State Senate did not even learn of the bill's existence until a few
minutes before the leader of the senate called for a vote.
Excelent point..
Do you fault the Madam Peolsi for her hyjinks in bringing bills to the
floor in the dead of night that no one has had a chance to read ?
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
Phlip
2011-02-22 03:59:11 UTC
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at >100,000.

How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 04:23:15 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at >100,000.
How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the antiunion
people have jobs, which they went to like they were supposed to.

Tom McDonald
2011-02-22 04:30:29 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at>100,000.
How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the antiunion
people have jobs, which they went to like they were supposed to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
Tom
Jarbidge
They into us for that too?
Phlip
2011-02-22 05:28:55 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the
antiunion people have jobs, which they went to like they were supposed
to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
They into us for that too?
Are you aware, before the labor movements of the 1890s, the lower
classes, including children, worked 10 hours a day, 6 days a week?
(And nothing was open on Sunday due to Blue Laws...)

And when they marched, protested, and died to get better working
conditions. And when they did, scabs like you jeered them and called
them "lazy"...
Jarbidge
2011-02-22 05:32:28 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the
antiunion people have jobs, which they went to like they were
supposed to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
They into us for that too?
Are you aware, before the labor movements of the 1890s,
I don't need ancient history replayed in the 21st century, dippy.

Try and get with reality.

Or does your Guild master own your children too?
Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 05:49:24 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the
antiunion people have jobs, which they went to like they were supposed
to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
They into us for that too?
Are you aware, before the labor movements of the 1890s, the lower
classes, including children, worked 10 hours a day, 6 days a week?
(And nothing was open on Sunday due to Blue Laws...)
And when they marched, protested, and died to get better working
conditions. And when they did, scabs like you jeered them and called
them "lazy"...
Are you aware that it is 2011, much of the work is done in an office,
children are in school and that anyone who required 10 hours a day, 6 days
a week wouldn't have many employees?

Back in DC a contractor, in order to reduce his per hour billing rate to
the fed, required his employees to work 50 hours, 10 hours a day 5 days a
week. So I quit and easily found work elsewhere.

Why do I need to give some thug a percentage of my salary?

Jarbidge
Sound thinking.
Phlip
2011-02-22 06:06:05 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Are you aware that it is 2011, much of the work is done in an office,
children are in school and that anyone who required 10 hours a day, 6 days
a week wouldn't have many employees?
Are you aware how naive you are? This post lead to lawsuits, and
_almost_ changed an industry. But they still do this crap:

http://ea-spouse.livejournal.com/

EA: The Human Story
My significant other works for Electronic Arts, and I'm what you might
call a disgruntled spouse.

EA's bright and shiny new corporate trademark is "Challenge
Everything." Where this applies is not exactly clear. Churning out one
licensed football game after another doesn't sound like challenging
much of anything to me; it sounds like a money farm. To any EA
executive that happens to read this, I have a good challenge for you:
how about safe and sane labor practices for the people on whose backs
you walk for your millions?

I am retaining some anonymity here because I have no illusions about
what the consequences would be for my family if I was explicit.
However, I also feel no impetus to shy away from sharing our story,
because I know that it is too common to stick out among those of the
thousands of engineers, artists, and designers that EA employs.

Our adventures with Electronic Arts began less than a year ago. The
small game studio that my partner worked for collapsed as a result of
foul play on the part of a big publisher -- another common story.
Electronic Arts offered a job, the salary was right and the benefits
were good, so my SO took it. I remember that they asked him in one of
the interviews: "how do you feel about working long hours?" It's just
a part of the game industry -- few studios can avoid a crunch as
deadlines loom, so we thought nothing of it. When asked for specifics
about what "working long hours" meant, the interviewers coughed and
glossed on to the next question; now we know why.

Within weeks production had accelerated into a 'mild' crunch: eight
hours six days a week. Not bad. Months remained until any real crunch
would start, and the team was told that this "pre-crunch" was to
prevent a big crunch toward the end; at this point any other need for
a crunch seemed unlikely, as the project was dead on schedule. I don't
know how many of the developers bought EA's explanation for the
extended hours; we were new and naive so we did. The producers even
set a deadline; they gave a specific date for the end of the crunch,
which was still months away from the title's shipping date, so it
seemed safe. That date came and went. And went, and went. When the
next news came it was not about a reprieve; it was another
acceleration: twelve hours six days a week, 9am to 10pm.

Weeks passed. Again the producers had given a termination date on this
crunch that again they failed. Throughout this period the project
remained on schedule. The long hours started to take its toll on the
team; people grew irritable and some started to get ill. People
dropped out in droves for a couple of days at a time, but then the
team seemed to reach equilibrium again and they plowed ahead. The
managers stopped even talking about a day when the hours would go back
to normal.

Now, it seems, is the "real" crunch, the one that the producers of
this title so wisely prepared their team for by running them into the
ground ahead of time. The current mandatory hours are 9am to 10pm --
seven days a week -- with the occasional Saturday evening off for good
behavior (at 6:30pm). This averages out to an eighty-five hour work
week. Complaints that these once more extended hours combined with the
team's existing fatigue would result in a greater number of mistakes
made and an even greater amount of wasted energy were ignored.

Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 07:00:39 UTC
Post by Phlip
Post by Gray Ghost
[...]
So he got the signal in the interview. And he continues to work for them.

So he worked 70+ hours a week for months on end without getting overtime?
What kind of an idiot is he?

Why would anyone continue to work under those conditions? How could they
continue to produce good code under those conditions? Why don't the
developers get together on thier own and walk out?

Hell, my work product would suffer tremendously under those circumstances.

Gaming isn't missile defense, we don't actually need it.

But then following the links it seems EA was sued, though none suggests the
result. It seems that what they were doing was ILLEGAL already according to
California law.

Programmers are normally an arrogant self important bunch, usually very
smart, clever, creative with fairly well developed reasoning and problem
solving skills. To stay in that environment is self destructive and foolish
in the extreme. I get what was said in the other articles about the gaming
industry, but you know what? That's the market.

Exactly why do we need a bunch of thugs to leach away more of of salary
when there is a ready remedy? Quit, go elsewhere. Maybe find a different
line of work.

I didn't realize it was a prison and he couldn't leave.

Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 05:44:43 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at>100,000.
How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the
antiunion people have jobs, which they went to like they were supposed
to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
They into us for that too?
And you beleive that in the modern age businesses that required you to work
7 days a week would still have employees?

Jarbidge
2011-02-22 06:04:17 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at>100,000.
How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the
antiunion people have jobs, which they went to like they were
supposed to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
They into us for that too?
And you beleive that in the modern age businesses that required you to
work 7 days a week would still have employees?
Sure...robotic ones...lol!

They already do, visit any processed food maker.

Oh, when they can unionize robots!
Tankfixer
2011-02-22 07:05:36 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at>100,000.
How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
The reason the antiunion crowd was so small during the week is the
antiunion people have jobs, which they went to like they were supposed
to.
Until the weekend, which they have off courtesy of unions.
They into us for that too?
And you beleive that in the modern age businesses that required you to work
7 days a week would still have employees?
When I was working for a painting contractor we would sometimes put in 7
day weeks, when the job required it.
We also would work split shifts or overnight on jobs where a business
needed to stay open during the day.
He made it worth our while...
A smart employer does that sort of thing.
Tankfixer
2011-02-22 04:53:25 UTC
In article <ffc12a3f-0177-42ee-b306-
***@t13g2000prc.googlegroups.com>, - Phlip ***@gmail.com
spouted !
Post by Phlip
Post by Tankfixer
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
CNN reports the crowd in Madison at >100,000.
How'd the astroturfers do? To match that crowd, the Koch Bros would
need to pay for 1,000 buses. From all over the US, not just Wisconsin.
You do know those protesters are being bussed and flown in from around
the country ?

New York's Teamsters Local 237 to bus in support to union protestors in
Wisconsin
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/02/21/2011-02-21
_new_yorks_teamsters_local_237
_to_bus_in_support_to_union_protestors_in_wisconsin.html
Spartakus
2011-02-22 18:06:53 UTC
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
Document or retract.
Post by Tankfixer
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.  If the Republicans take out the language that
strips collective bargaining rights from public sector unions, the
Democrats will return.  As long as the Republicans continue to insist
that there will be no negotiations, the Democrats have no choice but
to stay away.  What they are? doing is much more than  "hiding in
Rockford".  They are playing a powerful card in order to defend the
rights of Wisconsin's teachers and municipal workers.
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
Excellent point. So you're OK with Republicans using public policy to
dismantle an important part of the Democrats' support infrastructure,
thus tilting the playing field in favor of the Koch Brothers and other
billionaires?
Jarbidge
2011-02-22 19:59:27 UTC
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Do you fault the Madam Peolsi for her hyjinks in bringing bills to the
floor in the dead of night that no one has had a chance to read ?
Document or retract.
http://www.dailypaul.com/113812/pelosi-health-care-bill-passes-in-the-
dead-of-night-220-215

Pelosi Health Care Bill Passes in the dead of night; 220-215

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2368792/
health_care_reform_passes_house_in.html

As is traditional for attempts at theft, the House version of health care
reform passed in the dead of night. The way was cleared for the passage
of
health care reform after the Stupak Amendment banned funding for elective
abortions.
Gray Ghost
2011-02-22 21:59:10 UTC
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
State Senate did not even learn of the bill's existence until a few
minutes before the leader of the senate called for a vote.
Excelent point..
Do you fault the Madam Peolsi for her hyjinks in bringing bills to the
floor in the dead of night that no one has had a chance to read ?
Document or retract.
Are you that stupid or do you think that everyone else is?

Do you think that noone remembers how it was passed? Really?
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation.  If the Republicans take out the language that
strips collective bargaining rights from public sector unions, the
Democrats will return.  As long as the Republicans continue to insist
that there will be no negotiations, the Democrats have no choice but
to stay away.  What they are? doing is much more than  "hiding in
Rockford".  They are playing a powerful card in order to defend the
rights of Wisconsin's teachers and municipal workers.
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
Excellent point. So you're OK with Republicans using public policy to
dismantle an important part of the Democrats' support infrastructure,
thus tilting the playing field in favor of the Koch Brothers and other
billionaires?
Same tired crap. YAWN! Billionaire! Koch Bros! JOOZ!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Tankfixer
2011-02-23 03:00:15 UTC
In article <81d36d8f-a5bb-48ef-b954-2a32e06bd853
@o7g2000prn.googlegroups.com>, - Spartakus ***@my-deja.com spouted
!
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Sp Qr
[...]
Are you saying you were alseep during the entire health care fiasco ?
You mean leveling the playting field...
Tom McDonald
2011-02-23 03:13:01 UTC
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
At this point, leaving the state to prevent a quorum *is* the debate
and the negotiation. If the Republicans take out the language that
strips collective bargaining rights from public sector unions, the
Democrats will return. As long as the Republicans continue to insist
that there will be no negotiations, the Democrats have no choice but
to stay away. What they are? doing is much more than "hiding in
Rockford". They are playing a powerful card in order to defend the
rights of Wisconsin's teachers and municipal workers.
Don't you mean defend their source of campaign funds ?
Excellent point. So you're OK with Republicans using public policy to
dismantle an important part of the Democrats' support infrastructure,
thus tilting the playing field in favor of the Koch Brothers and other
billionaires?
You mean leveling the playting field...
Seven out of the top 10 donors to political campaigns donate almost
exclusively to the Republican party. The other three are unions, and they
are somewhere in the middle to bottom of that pack.

If the unions get busted, Citizens' United will assure that all of the major
players are right-wing.

So, no, not leveling the playing field at all.
Tom
Tankfixer
2011-02-23 05:58:56 UTC
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
[...]
Really..
Where are you picking that data from ?
Post by Tom McDonald
If the unions get busted, Citizens' United will assure that all of the major
players are right-wing.
Really..
How does that court decision prevent some other group from raising funds
just as the unions do ?
In fact what would prevent the unions from continuing to raise and
donate ?
RD Sandman
2011-02-23 17:30:50 UTC
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
?
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
[...]
Hmmm, you think George Soros, Peter Lewis, Steve Bing, Rob Glaser, Linda
Pritzker and Mark Buell or Bill Gates, for example, will contribute to
the right wing?
--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

History shows that today's bailout will become
tomorrow's entitlement.
Tom McDonald
2011-02-23 19:09:53 UTC
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
[...]
Don't know. But, as I wrote, if the unions get busted, the top political
contributors will be rich folks mainly donating to Republicans. That is a
fact. You might or might not enjoy that fact. I hope it gives you pause.
Tom
RD Sandman
2011-02-23 21:18:33 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
[...]
I would be interested in that 'fact'....or actually, I would be more
interested in why you think rich liberals won't donate to the Democrats.

You might or might not enjoy that fact. I
Post by Tom McDonald
hope it gives you pause.
I don't agree with some of the unions do, I don't think that they are as
needed as they once were and they do have some problems of their own. I
also think there is a difference between private sector unions and public
sector unions.....not only in how they operate but whether or not it is
really a level playing field between unions and 'management'.

tomorrow's entitlement.
SaPeIsMa
2011-02-23 22:56:55 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Spartakus
[...]
Doesn't give me any pause at all, because it's an IGNORANT LIE.
You should look up the rich Democrats who "contribute"..
Tom McDonald
2011-02-23 23:09:51 UTC
Post by SaPeIsMa
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Spartakus
Post by Spartakus
Post by Tankfixer
[...]
Never said that there aren't a bunch of rich folks who mainly donate to
Democrats. I'm sure there is.

But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten funders of
political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost exclusively Republicans.

Where is the lie, Sal?
Tom
Tankfixer
2011-02-24 03:27:38 UTC
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 03:29:15 UTC
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten funders of
political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
Tom
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 03:34:11 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten funders of
political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as fact, and
Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Tom
Jarbidge
Cite?
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 03:58:01 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being
challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as fact,
and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Shep Smith's show today.
Tom
Jarbidge

I'll view the segment in you link it.
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 04:34:30 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Shep Smith's show today.
Url please.
I'll view the segment in you link it.
Nope. You are not a serious person.
Tom
Jarbidge

I keep my word.
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 04:48:07 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Shep Smith's show today.
Url please.
I'll view the segment in you link it.
I've checked the Shepard Smith page on Fox, and the segment with Juan
Williams is not on it. There are very few segments from today's show on the
site. If you know a way to find all his segments, I'll be happy to check on
this. Or you can use your skills yourself to find that segment.
Tom
Jarbidge
Iow, you have no real proof.
Tankfixer
I prefer articles over TV talking heads...
Gray Ghost
2011-02-24 18:55:37 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans.
Almost exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Shep Smith's show today.
Url please.
I'll view the segment in you link it.
I've checked the Shepard Smith page on Fox, and the segment with Juan
Williams is not on it. There are very few segments from today's show on
the site. If you know a way to find all his segments, I'll be happy to
check on this. Or you can use your skills yourself to find that segment.
Figured as much.

You bozos claim that Fox lies all the time and then you want us to beleive
a segement of fox that noone else has seen? BWAH.

Funny thing I'm pretty sure if the DID say it thier researchers got that
info from SOMEWHERE, docha think? HOW ABOUT A PRIMARY SOURCE??!?!?!?

Dumbass.

Gray Ghost
2011-02-24 04:25:33 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being
challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as fact,
and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Don't expect one. Tom makes a lot of "claims" that he doesn't support.

Jarbidge
If he has it, I'll verify it.
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 04:38:51 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as fact,
and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Don't expect one. Tom makes a lot of "claims" that he doesn't support.
Phuque you. I have seen both the MSNBC and the Fox folks state this as fact,
and you can follow up on eithers web site.
Tom
Jarbidge

I smell a rat!
Gray Ghost
2011-02-24 06:18:27 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Don't expect one. Tom makes a lot of "claims" that he doesn't support.
Phuque you. I have seen both the MSNBC and the Fox folks state this as
fact, and you can follow up on eithers web site.
Lieing is as natural as breathing to you, ain't it?

Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 15:51:12 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Don't expect one. Tom makes a lot of "claims" that he doesn't support.
Phuque you. I have seen both the MSNBC and the Fox folks state this as
fact, and you can follow up on eithers web site.
Lieing is as natural as breathing to you, ain't it?
Sorry, that would be you. If you are too phuquing lazy to look it up, that's
on you, too.

But if you enjoy living in a fact-free zone, go right ahead.
Tom
Jarbidge
2011-02-24 15:54:49 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans.
Almost exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Don't expect one. Tom makes a lot of "claims" that he doesn't support.
Phuque you. I have seen both the MSNBC and the Fox folks state this as
fact, and you can follow up on eithers web site.
Lieing is as natural as breathing to you, ain't it?
Sorry, that would be you. If you are too phuquing lazy to look it up,
that's on you, too.
YOUR claim, YOUR proof required.
Insert some of your own, use factual url's to cite them.
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 16:35:24 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
But if you enjoy living in a fact-free zone, go right ahead.
Insert some of your own, use factual url's to cite them.
On maturer reflection, I agree that it is my contention that must be
supported by references. I do not see the Shepard Smith/Juan Williams
segment listed on Fox's web site, and I do not think you'd accept a citation
to an MSNBC segment.

Nevertheless, I did see talking heads on both of those networks say the very
same thing wrt the top 10 PACs in the 2010 midterm elections. Since you
won't take my word for it, and you probably wouldn't accept a reference to
MSNBC's reporting, I'm not able to meet your condition.
Tom
Gray Ghost
2011-02-24 17:01:01 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans.
Almost exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
And I just saw it used on Fox News by Shep Smith. He stated it as
fact, and Juan Williams agreed that it was fact.
Cite?
Don't expect one. Tom makes a lot of "claims" that he doesn't support.
Phuque you. I have seen both the MSNBC and the Fox folks state this as
fact, and you can follow up on eithers web site.
Lieing is as natural as breathing to you, ain't it?
Sorry, that would be you. If you are too phuquing lazy to look it up,
that's on you, too.
But if you enjoy living in a fact-free zone, go right ahead.
Basic rule, fou quote it, you provide the evidence. It is not MY job to
prove YOUR statemnts. Particularly when I'm pretty sure they are wrong. But
I will produce evidence to refute what you said AFTER you provide a solid
reference that I can read and make sure it says what you claim it says and
see what exactly the clim is..

Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 17:09:16 UTC
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Gray Ghost
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
[...]
You are quite right. It looks like Fox does not offer a complete archive of
segments from its shows (unless, perhaps, they have some sort of premium
membership that does provide that), and I don't think you'd accept a link to
an MSNBC segment providing that info. So, unless you accept my word (which
is good, and which you indicated you wouldn't believe if I swore to it on a
stack of your scripture of choice), I'm at a loss.

It is frustrating, knowing what I've seen (multiple times), and not being
able to prove it to your satisfaction. But there we are.
Tom
Tankfixer
He's done a good bit of dancing.
Jarbidge
Well that must make it fact!
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 03:57:13 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten funders
of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost exclusively
Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
Well that must make it fact!
Fox also stated that as fact. If you don't believe either outfit, I think
you can be dismissed.
Tom
Jarbidge
Cite them, please.
Tankfixer
Since when do progressives take Fox's word for something ?
Phlip
2011-02-24 05:52:37 UTC
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tom McDonald
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
Well that must make it fact!
Fox also stated that as fact. If you don't believe either outfit, I think
you can be dismissed.
Since when do progressives take Fox's word for something ?
You are confused about the expression "take my word for it". That
means "believe it WITHOUT corroboration".

Answer? Never.
Jarbidge
Since they decided to disingenuously use it for cover...
Tankfixer
Uh hu, right...
Jarbidge
That MSNBC reported no challenge is NOT a surprise!
Tom McDonald
2011-02-24 15:42:10 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being
challenged.
MSNBC....
Uh hu, right...
That MSNBC reported no challenge is NOT a surprise!
Prove MSNBC has that wrong. Cite, please.
Tom
Jarbidge
2011-02-24 15:45:42 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being challenged.
MSNBC....
Uh hu, right...
That MSNBC reported no challenge is NOT a surprise!
Prove MSNBC has that wrong. Cite, please.
YOU are the one that owes all of US a cite.

You may begin with Fox News and toss in MSNBC if you wish.

Lacking such, your claims are summarily DISMISSED!
Gray Ghost
2011-02-24 18:56:46 UTC
Post by Jarbidge
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
Post by Tankfixer
Post by Tom McDonald
But that doesn't change the fact that seven out of the top ten
funders of political activities support mainly Republicans. Almost
exclusively Republicans.
I've not seen that "fact" sourced....
It has been quoted a number of times on MSNBC, without being
challenged.
MSNBC....
Uh hu, right...
That MSNBC reported no challenge is NOT a surprise!
Who watches MSNBC? all the mind numbed Conservatives are watching Fox and
all the fact checking ZLins are watching Fox.

Phlip
2011-02-24 19:10:39 UTC
Walker accidentally revealed the reason he wants the Dems to come
back. If they come back on a non-session day, such as to have hold a
summit meeting...

the legal precedent MIGHT allow Walker to declare a quorum, and then
maintain the quorum when the Dems go back to states with Democrat
governors.

That would turn their votes into no-shows, and give the fascists a
majority in the legislature.

But now his plan won't work, due to the heroism of truth-seekers like
Breitbart and O'Keefe.
Gray Ghost
2011-02-24 19:15:38 UTC
Phlip <***@gmail.com> wrote in news:c617d97a-0fc1-4514-9555-
***@x4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Which, as usual, has nothing to do with the thread we are in.

Phil was dropped on his head repeatedly a baby. As recently as yesterday.

Pepe Le Jew
2011-02-24 00:59:14 UTC
Post by Tom McDonald
If the unions get busted, Citizens' United will assure that all of the major
players are right-wing.
Maybe I'm not totally up on this issue, but why would any public-sector
union lose financial clout in politics just because they are barred from
collective bargaining?
Tankfixer
2011-02-24 03:28:30 UTC
Post by Pepe Le Jew
Post by Tom McDonald
If the unions get busted, Citizens' United will assure that all of the major
players are right-wing.
Maybe I'm not totally up on this issue, but why would any public-sector
union lose financial clout in politics just because they are barred from
collective bargaining?
They couldn't coerce members into contributing..
Since the employees would toss the parasites out on their ear.